- Raw Material:The manufacturing process frequently requires space efficient and practical storage of raw materials. This requirement is defined by the products and velocity of the items into the manufacturing stream.
- WIP: Work in process requirements have become increasingly complex as product serialization, labeling and real-time manufacturing data capture is utilized. This requirement can include the storage, staging, and transportation of components through the manufacturing process
- POU: Point of use storage is critical to the efficiency of manufacturing and assembly systems. The design, sizing and flexibility are primary considerations in their design.
- Work Simplification: Inefficient and cumbersome work envelopes contribute to lost productivity. Work simplification addresses lifting and positioning of components, cellular flow, and process efficiency in the manufacturing environment.
- Space Planning: Constantly changing product mix and seasonality exert pressure on a manufacturing facilities available space. Space planning provides a thoughtful pre-planned strategy for managing space demands in the operation now, and in the future.